Are you experiencing hard times? For instance, stressed out, disappointments, weary, loneliness, burdens, sadness and/or anxiety that disturb your daily life? Does it feel like you only wanting to stay in your room and to spend your time sleeping all day long, and even sleeping for few days without doing anything? Or do you feel that it is somewhat unbalanced your body, mind and soul?
Here’s how to make getting through hard time less difficult:
1. Get out of the bed and go out of your room. It is also better if you could enjoy the view of the sky outside and feel the sun on your skin, especially in the morning. The world has not ruined yet and in fact that it is so beautiful; hence, there is still much to be thankful in life when it is compared to the problems that you are facing.
2. Take a bath. Its function is to relieve feeling of weakness and to increase the low energy. The perceived physical freshness will directly affect your psychological condition, which is also refreshing your mind.
3. Do exercise as possible as you can, even if it only takes for 5-15 minutes, such as walking, cycling, etc.
4. Find a close family member or a friend that you can trust to talking about your issues. Just talking about the problem that you are experiencing itself is actually a healing therapy, let alone if you could find a remedy for the problem.
5. Take a walk around your neighborhood, or just go shopping and hang out with friends. This allows you to relieve your stress and to find supportive people and environment.
6. Find one or two persons who need helps around you or you may even help people in your community as many as you can. Helping people will lower your burdens, increase the feeling of self-acceptance, as well as boost your self-esteem.
7. Pray sincerely to God for strengths and guidance to get through difficult times.
Perhaps, you also might ask, “Why I must do these things?” Staying in your room and thinking about your problems alone desperately could add to more frustrations or depressions. Pick several choices that you favour to do as mentioned above. You may do these things regularly and you would see that your burdens, loneliness and/or hardest feelings would eventually eliminate.*